I might be late to the party, but I’m definitely not without honor and respect for being nominated, not once, but twice! for a Sunshine Award. Thanks Daryl at Something Out of Nothing and My Life as a Case Study for thinking of me. One of you I know in real life, the other I don’t, but I can honestly say I couldn’t have gotten this far (17 weeks into a pregnancy!) without either of you! Your posts, your comments, and your different types of friendship have made dealing with infertility and loss bearable. Thank you!
Now don’t be annoyed with me for bucking the trend, but since I’ve got books to write and law to study I’m going to answer Daryl’s questions only. I’m also probably going to renominate people who have already been nominated, but don’t feel bad if you don’t get around to answering my questions! In fact, I just decided something – forget the questions (if you want to)… Just write more posts! I’m nominating you because I truly love your voice and your story. Just keep the life updates coming, okay?
So, here are MY answers to Daryl’s questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Switzerland. I like the idea of learning Swiss German and skiing the Swiss Alps. There would definitely be a ski chalet involved in this fantasy with my very own pack of Bernese mountain dogs.
2. What crazy celebrity baby name do you secretly love?
Penelope. So pissed that Kourtney Kardashian used it first.
3. If you had three hours to yourself, what would you do with that time?
Write stories about made up characters, during which time the literary genius would be flowing out of me like a river.
4. What’s the best thing on TV right now?
Homeland and anything HBO. Oh and that amazing Will Ferrel car commercial promoting Anchor Man 2. Watch it now, thank me later. I couldn’t actually find the first one I saw, but this one is almost just as good.
5. What’s your favorite family recipe?
They’re called Papa Rolls and they’re these little poppy seed covered bread knots that I could eat a zillion of. My great grandfather invented them!
6. What’s your hidden talent?
I can rope a non-moving cow from a moving horse.
7. Would you rather spend Thanksgiving with your own family or your husband/partner’s family?
My husband’s doesn’t really do a traditional Thanksgiving (according to him) and since I eat meat again I’m going to have to say mine since they do. Company on both sides is equally satisfying, however.
8. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
It depends. On average, 20 minutes.
9. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? With whom?
I have, but I don’t remember who with. I may have been under the influence at the time, but don’t tell anyone.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
One word for you: Bravo.
And my nominees are….
My questions for you…
1. Do you remember your favorite teacher? If so, why?
2. What do you do for a living (in case I missed it on your blog)?
3. If you could have any career in the whole world what would it be?
4. What show on TV do you watch, but think could be better, and why?
5. Heals or flats? Explain.