Hi! I’m Steph Mignon.
Welcome to my blog of essays on motherhood and life. Here it’s about the real. And the raw. With a dash of dreams and little bit of love on top. With a sprinkle of tears and a whole lot of truth. It’s not always easy to tell the truth. But I try. Even if it hurts sometimes.
Like you I’m just hoping to find my way in the world. I’m looking for my tribe. As a mother. As a wife. As a writer. And as a dreamer. I’m equal parts introvert and extrovert, fitness fiend and chocolate covered raisin fanatic. I used to love spontaneous adventures to random countries like Malaysia, but now I mom which means most of my spontaneity is reserved for trying new shows on Netflix. I teeter between loving every minute of it and wanting to SCREAM and then feeling guilty for wanting to scream. Motherhood rocks my world in the best and worst way. Every. Single. Day. And on the difficult days I remember how hard it was to get here…
I live and write and dream in Southern California, with my blogging, reading, and exercise avoid-ant husband, who inspired The Good Wife Project, our remaining pound pup, Henry, our long awaited daughter, and her beautiful baby brother (who has JUST grown out of the colicky newborn phase. Thank GOD).
In 2016, I also expect to FINALLY give birth to a novel!
Want to learn more about me? Read about/watch some of my more interesting moments here:
- The time I pumped in a surveillance van while being silly stringed by a disgruntled old lady who didn’t know I was hiding inside. Thank God for professionally tinted windows. Without them my short stint as a private investigator would have been impossible.
- The time I starred in a Canadian Reality Show where I was chased by a professional tracker through the Big Bear, California forest.
- The time I wrote about some difficult things that happened to me, surviving child abuse, treatment advocacy for the mentally ill, and infertility and endometriosis awareness – to name a few stunning gems you probably aren’t talking about at cocktail parties. I appreciate a beautifully curated instagram as much as the next person, but life isn’t always pretty, ya know?
- The time I had a baby daughter who I had to wean from breast feeding and shared that story, among others, with the world via Scary Mommy.
- The time I embarked on a fascinating journey to trade my supplements for old fashioned, real food. You can read about Credible Feast and my 90-Day No Supplement Challenge here. Are you a protein powder, potion popping person like I was? Then check it out. Good food really is all you need in most cases.
Are you a fellow mom with something to say? Another survivor who needs a friend? A writer struggling to build your platform? Let’s be friends. Comment below or email stephmignon at gmail dot com! Let’s talk about it. Let’s talk about it all.
You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter as @stephmignon.